Riverside, CA is essentially a desert community, which means our summers are uniformly hot and brutal. Air conditioners are an absolute necessity here in the Inland Empire, and most homeowners have gotten used to paying higher cooling costs in the hot summer months. That can sometimes mask the fact that you’re paying more than you need to, and while energy bills will always rise when you use your AC more often, they don’t necessarily have to rise as much as they do. You probably know all the basic tips about keeping cool, such as wearing lightweight clothes and closing shades to keep the sunlight from getting into your home. But you can take more substantial steps to address the issue as well. “How can I lower my cooling costs this summer?” you ask. We have outlined some specific options below.
- Maintenance Session. Maintenance sessions recharge refrigerant, tighten loose fittings and otherwise improve your air conditioner’s efficiency.
- Additional Insulation. Insulation keeps heat out in the summer as well as keeping it in in the winter.
- Zone Control Systems. Divides your home room by room, allowing you to cool only the rooms you’re using.
- Thermostats. Older, non-programmable thermostats can be replaced with newer models, allowing you to turn the air conditioner off remotely when you aren’t at home.
- Duct Cleaning and Sealing. Sealing ducts improves efficiency, as does cleaning out dust and build-up.
- Energy Recovery Ventilators. Allow your house to air out without having to open the windows and let the heat in.
- Air Conditioning Replacement. In cases with a much older air conditioning system, you could save a lot on monthly costs by replacing it with something newer and more efficient.
The experts at PlumberinRiverside.net have the knowledge and experience to help you with all of these options and more. Call us today for a consultation and let us show you how to properly beat the heat this summer!